Intimacy and Relationship Issues
What Makes a Satisfactory Relationship?
- Mutual Respect
Some of the signs that sex problems are affecting a relationship include:
- Disappointment in oneself or the relationship
- One or both partners are feeling dissatisfied
- Couples lack communication and disconnect from one another
- One or both partners feel neglected or unwanted
- A feeling of sexual boredom or unhappiness
Steps to take for treating intimacy issues begin with:
- Psychosexual Therapy: this technique allows couples to express themselves in a safe environment with a trusted and supportive professional.
- Relationship Counseling: healthy relationships require strong connections and time to build trust. Whatever the issue may be, a counselor can work with individuals together or separately to overcome the problem.